ALL KINDS OF EVERYTHING
Fandom: German National team
Notes: I don't know what to write, but I have to write something. And they're not helping me at all....
Disclaimer: I still don't know people mentioned in this story and I still hope it isn't true. The plot is still only my fantasy
Summary: Keeping in touch over the distance
Author's notes, previous chapters and music here
Timeline for the series is here
All Kinds of Everything
Countless messages on phone-screens.
‘The cat is sitting in front of me. Black. Looks a lot like you’
Jüergen’s style of writing.
‘I’m not black’.
Most of the time his answers begin with ‘I’m not’.
‘Apple trees are blossoming in
‘You have time to notice it?’
‘I don’t, but they’re everywhere’.
E-mails. So many of them that at least a half lands in a ‘spam’ folder despite all of his efforts to change the settings.
>‘Children are watching black and white movie. Laila asked who has stolen the colors from the screen. Jonathan explained that the actors were behaving badly and the director decided that they don’t deserve to be shown in full color’.<
>‘neighbor’s son is having fun with his company for three hours in a row. this music is driving me mad already, and daniela is having a headache’.<
Sharing every little detail of an everyday life.
>’watching uefa cup final. falling asleep already. b.o.r.i.n.g.’<
>’Tsk tsk, dear Jogi. Aren’t you enjoying the newest trends of a modern football demonstrated by the best teams of the whole Europe?’<
>’you’re joking, right?’<
Phone calls every day. Maybe even twice a day or more.
- Too bad that you won’t be in the studio.
- I still can’t walk properly. I won’t make a good figure on the screen anyway. It’s enough that you’ll be sitting there in Stuttgart.
- But commentating, for God’s sake…
- It’ll be fun.
- Only if ‘Stuttgart’ wins. Otherwise…
And again they’re talking about football. As if there are no other themes.
- Honestly, Jogi, do you doubt their victory?
- Everything can happen, but they have so much going for them…
- And so much against them.
- For example?
- Lothar tipped them to win, remember?
- With all my respect, he is not Pele.
- You mean that he can end up predicting correctly once in a while?
- It’ll be a rare occasion for sure, but he very well may…
He doesn’t like the fact that Matthäus’ name appears in their dialogue again.
- I miss you, - Jürgen’s voice is almost a whisper.
- I want to see you again, - the words he repeats in almost every conversation.
They didn’t see each other for so long that every word starts sounding unnatural, untrue, even though the other means it with all his heart.
- I need to see you, - he says, not adding “to assure myself that you’re still mine”
- I miss you, - says Jürgen, without continuing the thought: “I miss the time when everything was easy between us”.
It seems that the more they talk, the more they don’t say.